The number one question I hear from people is, “I’ve been signing up for freebies, but still haven’t received anything – Where is my stuff?” If you’ve been a Freebie Finder for some time, you may recall feeling this way when you first started. :)
To address the “I’m not getting any freebies” concern, I’ve compiled the following advice (based on my own experience):
- Get a Free Email Account and use it just for your freebie hunting. I recommend and love gmail. Never use your personal every-day email address when signing up for freebies – unless you love spam!
- Get a Free Phone Number and use it just for your freebie hunting. Google Voice offers free phone numbers in ANY area code. This is a great freebie all on its own! Again, never give out your own personal phone number when signing up for freebies – unless you love solicitation calls! Get Google Voice. Also great for that creepy guy that keeps asking for your number.
- Sign up for a lot of offers. Since not every offer will deliver, signing up for as many offers as possible will increase your chances. We do our best to filter out offers and only post ones we believe will deliver.
- Be patient. Most freebies take a long time to deliver, sometimes up to 8 weeks or longer. I didn’t start receiving a flow of freebies into my mailbox until 2-3 months after I started signing up for stuff.
- Expectations. Expect nothing, so that when you receive something in the mail, you’ll be surprised and thankful. Having no expectation has made freebie hunting much more fun and exciting for me. Going to the mailbox (once a week) has been a bit like Christmas. :)