Almost everyone will be approached by a scammer at some stage. The internet has created endless opportunities for people that are trying to take advantage of others. Some scams are very easy to spot while other scams may appear to be genuine offers or bargains. Scams can even take place without you doing anything at all. It can be frustrating to try and figure out what is and what is not a scam.
Most scams need you to do something before they can work. Sometimes they ask you to allow them to “post on your behalf” via social media. Other times you may send money to someone based on a promise that turns out to be false. You may give your personal details to people who turn out to be schemers but you were thinking that they are a legit business. Some scams rely on you agreeing to deals without getting advice first or buying a product without checking it out properly. After you review the list check out how to increase your number of free samples with some other tips!
- The simple tips below will help you protect yourself and your family from scams. Scams can cost people a lot of money and cause a great deal of distress. By following these simple tips, you can protect yourself against scams.
- Don’t put in a credit card number!
- Only use trusted sites. Free Stuff Finder and our sister sites provide legitimate offers and never tell you have to use them. We give you the option of which offers to take. We don’t post on your behalf either which means you won’t be part of one of those “response ads” like you see on Facebook.
- Get a Google Voice number. This way no one has your real information which can be used to verify your identity. You can never be too safe!
- Don’t ever give anyone online your bank account, PayPal or other accounts.
- Never give out your Social Security Card or your Drivers Licence Number
- Mark “Spam” as such and move it to your junk mail as soon as you see it.
- Remember that if the offer seems too good to be true…well then it is. As much as you want to believe it is a true offer it just is not. People are not going to give you an iPad for filling out a form unless it is a legit contest.
We love our fans and want you to be safe! If you ever have any questions on an offer just let us know! You can send us a message on Facebook!