See if you qualify for a free Lifeline cell phone. You can compare providers and even submit your documentation online!
Who qualifies? Recipients of federal assistance programs like:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Section 8
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP – food benefits)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program’s Free Lunch Program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Household income at or less than 135% of federal povery guidelines
What services do you get with a Free Lifeline Cell Phone?
- Bonus Offers – Extra offers from competitive providers!
- Activation Cost – Activation cost (Normally FREE)!
- Minutes – Monthly minutes with service plan!
- Monthly Cost – Monthly cost (For Upgraded Plans)!
- TXTs to Minutes – Monthly TXT to minute ratio!
- Rollover – Keep minutes moving forward
From the site: What is Lifeline? The Lifeline program was established by the federal government to help people obtain telephone services by offering a discounted package. For these subscribers, Lifeline Landing’s partners provide a FREE cellular phone, as well as FREE minutes every month (in most states) without sacrificing the features you would typically use with any other cell phone such as Caller ID, Texting, and Voicemail. These services DO NOT require a credit check or deposit and there is absolutely no contract involved. Best of all, there are no recurring charges, monthly fees, or surcharges.
Thank you Matt O’Brien for passing this our way!