Very informative and helpful!
Chapters from the book:
- Adventures in parenting
- Responding to your child in an appropriate manner
- Preventing risky behavior or problems before they arise
- Monitoring your child’s contact with his or her surrounding world
- Mentoring your child to support and encourage desired behaviors
- Modeling your own behavior to provide a consistent, positive example for your child
- Now what should I do?
- Is your child under three?
- Is your child between ages four and ten?
- Is your child between ages eleven and fourteen?
From the site: Based on decades of NICHD research on parenting, this 62-page booklet gives parents the tools they need to make their own decisions about successful parenting. The booklet provides real-world examples and stories about how some families include responding, preventing, monitoring, modeling, and mentoring in their own daily parenting activities.
NICHD publications address the following health categories: